Intro to Seed Saving – March 24-25, 2018
This course is for gardeners, farmers, herbalists, nurseries, CSAs, non-profits, government agencies and everyone concerned with regional, sustainable and diverse agriculture. Proceeds benefit Native Seeds/SEARCH.
March 24-25, 2018
9 AM- 4:30 PM
NS/S Conservation Center
3584 E. River Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85718
In this two-day workshop, we’ll cover:
- Seed saving traditions and the modern seed industry
- Botany, flowering & pollination
- Seed biology & germination
- Basic genetics
- Planning your garden for quality seed production
- Wet and dry seed processing methods
- Simple seed storage methods
- Hands-on focus on tomatoes, squash, beans, corn and other seeds
Payment can also be made by check or credit card over the phone. Please call us at 520-622-0830 to make arrangements. Full payment is due two weeks prior to the starting date.
Limited scholarships for the course are available to people who have previously participated in our Community Seed Grant Program or Native American Seed Request program. Please email Melissa, NS/S Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for scholarship information two weeks before starting date.
Registration includes light breakfast, lunch, and all course materials.